On Saturday, December 17th we joined together for our annual celebration of Jane's Birthday along with our Book Pollyanna.
We had a lot of wonderful treats to snack on during our discussion of Sense and Sensibility. I shared a newly favorite line of "I have not wanted syllables where actions have spoken so plainly."
We then added to our list of "Read Jane - Now What?" We really are a great group readers.
- Death comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
- books by Penelope Lively
- The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemming
- the Pink Carnations Series by Lauren Willig
- the Maisie Dobbs Series by Jacqueline Winspear
- the Inspector Rutlege Series by Charles Todd
- books by Philliapa Gregory
- Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
- Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
- the Josie Prescott Series by Jane Cleland
Then we got down to our book exchange!
- One Day by David Nicholls
- The Watsons and Emma Watson Jane Austen's Unfinished Novel Completed by Joan Aiken
- The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
- 101 Things You Didn't Know About Jane Austen: The Truth About the World's Most Intriguing Romantic Literary Heroine by Patrice Hannon
- Jane Austen's Letters by Deirdre Le Faye
- A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter by William Deresiewicz
- Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
- The Spanish Bride: A Novel of Love and War by Georgette Heyer
- A Jane Austen themed journal
- Jane Austen For Dummies by Joan Klingel Ray
- Little Bee: A Novel by Chris Cleave
- Jane Austen's Little Advice Book by Cathryn Michon and Pamela Norris
- Why Do Horses Sleep Standing Up?: 101 of the Most Perplexing Questions Answered About Equine Enigmas, Medical Mysteries, and Befuddling Behaviors (Why Do Series) by Marty Becker D.V.M., Audrey Pavia, Gina Spadafori and Teresa Becker
- Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters' First 100 Years by Sarah L. Delany, A. Elizabeth Delany and Amy Hill Hearth
- Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper by Harriet Scott Chessman
- Becoming Jane: The Wit and Wisdom of Jane Austen by Jane Austen