I went out to lunch last week (a treat to myself on my evening shift) and forgot to grab something to read. In my trunk there is a bag of back issues of Persuasions. I dug through and found this treasure:
It's great to look at this issue and see how much JASNA has grown in the last 30 years, including the addition of our region.
If you would like to read the articles from this issue you can find them digitized here.
I will say these were some of my favorites plus they are short quick reads:
- Five Sisters and the Five Miss Bennets by Katheryn Broughton
- Pronunciation of “Northanger” by Henry Burke
- “The word was blunder”: Who was Harriet Smith’s Mother? by Edith Lank
- Read, Mark, Learn by Islay Benson
- The Tilneys and the Bennets by Kathleen Glancy
Happy Monday! Happy Reading!